In 2008 I graduated from Moscow State University in the Physics Department (Chair of Mathematics), where I prepared my Master thesis devoted to "Dynamics of coherent structures in collisionless plasma." After two years, I defended the Ph.D. thesis "Stability of thin current sheets and charged particle acceleration" at the Space Research Institute (Moscow), Russian Academy of Science. The advisor of my Ph.D. thesis was Prof. Lev Zelenyi. In the period from 2011-2013 I was working in the LPC2E/CNRS laboratory in Orleans (France), in the scientific group headed by Dr. Vladimir Krasnoselskikh. In 2013 I came back to the Space Research Institute (Moscow), and since 2015 I have been working at UCLA.
- Theory of resonant acceleration of charged particles: models of surfing acceleration and effects of random field fluctuations on resonant wave-particle interaction.
- Charged particle dynamics in strongly curved magnetic fields: analytical theory of the adiabatic particle motion in the magnetic fields with complex configurations.
- Spacecraft data analysis: observations of mesoscale structures (current sheets and dipoliarization fronts) by multispacecraft missions Interball, Cluster, Themis in the Earth magnetosphere and comparison of observations with theoretical models.
- Resonant charged particle scattering and acceleration in the inner magnetosphere: wave-particle nonlinear interaction, quasi-linear theory.
- Kinetic theory of plasma instabilities in current sheet: tearing instability in thin current sheets as a trigger of substorms in Earth magnetosphere, theory of drift instabilities and drift-tearing modes interaction. Comparison theoretical models of current sheet dynamics with spacecraft observations in Earth magnetosphere.
- Particle interaction with turbulent electromagnetic fields (numerical modeling of particle acceleration and transport in the electromagnetic turbulence)
- Dynamical chaos and destruction of adiabaticity in Hamiltonian systems: theory of separatrix crossings, adiabatic invariant destruction
- Artemyev, A. V., V. Angelopoulos, A. Runov, and A. A. Petrokovich (2016), Properties of current sheet thinning at x ∼- 10 to -12 RE, J. Geophys. Res. Space Physics, 121, doi:10.1002/2016JA022779.
- Artemyev, A. V., V. Angelopoulos, and A. Runov (2016), On the radial force balance in the quiet time magnetotail current sheet, J. Geophys. Res. Space Physics, 121, doi:10.1002/2016JA022480.
- Artemyev A. V., A. I. Neishtadt, A. A. Vasiliev, and L. M. Zelenyi Nonresonant Charged-Particle Acceleration by Electrostatic Waves Propagating across Fluctuating Magnetic Field. PRL 115, 155001 (2015)
- Artemyev, A. V., A. A. Petrukovich, R. Nakamura, and L. M. Zelenyi (2015), Two-dimensional configuration of the magnetotail current sheet: THEMIS observations, Geophys. Res. Lett., 42, 3662-3667, doi:10.1002/2015GL063994.
- Artemyev A.V., O.V. Agapitov, D. Mourenas, V.V. Krasnoselskikh, F.S. Mozer Wave energy budget analysis in the Earth’s radiation belts uncovers a missing energy. Nat. Commun. 6, 7143, doi: 10.1038/ncomms8143 (2015).
- Artemyev A. V., A. A. Vasiliev, D. Mourenas, O. V. Agapitov, V. Krasnoselskikh, D. Boscher, and G. Rolland (2014), Fast transport of resonant electrons in phase space due to nonlinear trapping by whistler waves. Geophys. Res. Lett., 41, 5727-5733, doi:10.1002/2014GL061380.
- Artemyev A. V., Neishtadt A. I., Zelenyi L. M., Rapid geometrical chaotization in slow-fast Hamiltonian systems.
- Artemyev A. V., Zelenyi L.M. Kinetic Structure of Current Sheets in the Earth Magnetotail. 2013. Space Science Review V. 178, pp. 419-440, doi:10.1007/s11214-012-9954-5 Physical Review E, 89, 060902, 2014, doi: 10.1103/PhysRevE.89.060902
- Artemyev A. V., Zelenyi L.M. Kinetic Structure of Current Sheets in the Earth Magnetotail. 2013. Space Science Review V. 178, pp. 419-440, doi:10.1007/s11214-012-9954-5
- Artemyev A. V., O. V. Agapitov, D. Mourenas, V. Krasnoselskikh, and L. M. Zelenyi Storm-induced energization of radiation belt electrons: Effect of wave obliquity. 2013. Geophys. Res. Lett., V. 40, 4138-4143, doi:10.1002/grl.50837
- Artemyev A., Vainchtein D., Neishtadt A., Zelenyi L., Resonant acceleration of charged particles in the presence of random fluctuations, 2011. Phys. Rev. E, 84, 046213, doi: 10.1103/PhysRevE.84.046213
- Artemyev A.V., Zelenyi L.M., Petrukovich A.A., Nakamura R. Hot electrons as tracers of large-scale structure of magnetotail current sheets. Geophys. Res. Lett. 2011, V. 38, L14102, doi:10.1029/2011GL047979
- Artemyev A. V., Petrukovich A. A., Nakamura R., Zelenyi L.M. Proton velocity distribution in thin current sheets: Cluster observations and theory of transient trajectories, J. Geophys. Res., 2010, 115, A12255, doi:10.1029/2010JA015702
- Artemyev A., Petrukovich A., Zelenyi L., et al. Comparison of multi-point measurements of current sheet structure and analytical models. Ann. Geophys., 2008, v. 26, p. 2749.
Full list of publications can be found here: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Anton_Artemyev2